Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Help with a 380 that has a weird timing thing going on

So I am helping a guy out who has an 83 380 SEL (yes, it's a sedan). Has 80K miles and is in good shape. It sat for a long time at his mother's house and he finally brought it back to his house. Got it running, new fuel, etc. The problem is that when it starts, it basically wants to die/dies while at idle about 2 minutes into the cold start. If you keep giving it a little gas, you can get it over the dead band and it will run. So here is what I did/inspected: WUR: put a gauge on it, with... Help with a 380 that has a weird timing thing going on
So I am helping a guy out who has an 83 380 SEL (yes, it's a sedan). Has 80K miles and is in good shape. It sat for a long time at his mother's house and he finally brought it back to his house. Got it running, new fuel, etc.

The problem is that when it starts, it basically wants to die/dies while at idle about 2 minutes into the cold start. If you keep giving it a little gas, you can get it over the dead band and it will run.

So here is what I did/inspected:

WUR: put a gauge on it, with...

Help with a 380 that has a weird timing thing going on

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: http://zpr.io/t5iAW