Sunday, April 30, 2023

Is M119 immortal?

I was thinking about having some maintenance done on my M119 when I do the wiring harness (still 1-2 years away as it is still "good" (if not touched)) I was looking for the most common problems with M119 but was unable to find any that would be really deadly (like throwing a rod, burnt pistons), common suggestion is to change the timing chain - hmmm, anybody ever seen a broken one on this engine? I have only seen one on M117 (and that engine is said to be prone to failure because of... Is M119 immortal?
I was thinking about having some maintenance done on my M119 when I do the wiring harness (still 1-2 years away as it is still "good" (if not touched)) :)

I was looking for the most common problems with M119 but was unable to find any that would be really deadly (like throwing a rod, burnt pistons), common suggestion is to change the timing chain - hmmm, anybody ever seen a broken one on this engine? I have only seen one on M117 (and that engine is said to be prone to failure because of...

Is M119 immortal?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: https://zapier.com/manage/zaps/84252715/stop/?check=635700447bac1ba5e129dce101685c9d