Saturday, April 29, 2023

Idle Control Unit, no power?

Make: 1984 380SL (US model) So I've been chasing a high idle issue and found that the connector to my idle control valve was "refurbished" by the previous owner and noticed that it was wired backwards, I fixed this then I tested the idle control valve manually with a variable power supply at 6v or so and it actuated but the high idle issue persisted. I tested the plug and saw no voltage across the two pins so I figured next would be to check the idle control unit behind the glove box. The... Idle Control Unit, no power?
Make: 1984 380SL (US model)

So I've been chasing a high idle issue and found that the connector to my idle control valve was "refurbished" by the previous owner and noticed that it was wired backwards, I fixed this then I tested the idle control valve manually with a variable power supply at 6v or so and it actuated but the high idle issue persisted. I tested the plug and saw no voltage across the two pins so I figured next would be to check the idle control unit behind the glove box. The...

Idle Control Unit, no power?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: https://zapier.com/manage/zaps/84252715/stop/?check=635700447bac1ba5e129dce101685c9d