Tuesday, April 21, 2020

What transmission oil for MANUAL W108 280 SE?

Hi Benzworld I noticed my transmission was leaking a bit, so when I've fixed the leak, I need some new transmission oil. It's a 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280 SE W108 with a 4 speed manual shift on the floor. I was thinking of using either Castrol EP90 or Castrol EP140, but I was told that it needs automatic transmission oil which just sounds weird in my ears. What do you guys think about the above mentioned oils? Thank you for reading!
Hi Benzworld

I noticed my transmission was leaking a bit, so when I've fixed the leak, I need some new transmission oil. It's a 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280 SE W108 with a 4 speed manual shift on the floor.

I was thinking of using either Castrol EP90 or Castrol EP140, but I was told that it needs automatic transmission oil which just sounds weird in my ears.

What do you guys think about the above mentioned oils?

Thank you for reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: http://zpr.io/t5iAW