Thursday, April 23, 2020

Rustproofing the Driveshaft Tunnel

Well. I'm probably about three weeks away from getting this 380SL back on the road. As I progress from front to back, I got the new floors in and repaired the driveshaft (or propshaft) tunnel. My question is; After paint, should I apply a waxy type rustproofing inside the driveshaft tunnel? Would such a rustproofing melt under the heat of the exhaust? I have seen a few 107's where there is grease surrounding the parking brake mechanism and the grease stays put. Would the heat shield be... Rustproofing the Driveshaft Tunnel
Well. I'm probably about three weeks away from getting this 380SL back on the road. As I progress from front to back, I got the new floors in and repaired the driveshaft (or propshaft) tunnel. My question is; After paint, should I apply a waxy type rustproofing inside the driveshaft tunnel? Would such a rustproofing melt under the heat of the exhaust? I have seen a few 107's where there is grease surrounding the parking brake mechanism and the grease stays put. Would the heat shield be...

Rustproofing the Driveshaft Tunnel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit this link to stop these emails: http://zpr.io/t5iAW